By W. F. Kirby
The beautiful shades and shapes of butterflies — and their wonderful spectrum of problematic markings — are rendered with significant precision on sixty one full-color plates. Imaginations will take flight with butterflies and moths of each relatives, in addition to info of pupa, eyes, antennae, and the winged bugs' favourite plants.
Read Online or Download 600 Butterflies and Moths in Full Color PDF
Similar decorative arts & design books
The that means of architectural sculpture is key to our realizing of historical Greek tradition. The embellishment of constructions used to be universal for the traditional Greeks, and infrequently provocative. a few decorative sculpture was once positioned the place, while the development was once complete, no mortal eye may view it. and in contrast to a lot architectural ornamentation of alternative cultures, Greek sculpture was once usually quintessential to the development, not only as ornament, and will now not be got rid of with no affecting the integrity of the construction constitution.
Conscientiously researched, meticulously distinctive account of the fashion and development of interval costumes. contains descriptions and illustrations of royal clothing, problematic ecclesiastical costume and vestments, educational and criminal clothing, and civilian costume of all sessions. additionally discusses jewellery, armor, textiles, embroidery and hairdressing.
The second one area of the 16th century witnessed the emergence of a brand new style of armor layout in line with the types and decoration present in classical paintings. Embossed in excessive aid, richly gilt, and damascened in gold and silver, those lavish parade armors allantica have been worn by means of Renaissance kings and captains who wanted to undertaking an air of secrecy of strength and advantage through arraying themselves just like the heroes of historic Roman historical past and mythology.
- Designerly Ways of Knowing (Board of International Research in Design)
- Paisley Designs Coloring Book (Dover Design Coloring Books)
- Emergence of the Interior: Architecture, Modernity, Domesticity
Additional info for 600 Butterflies and Moths in Full Color
Gnophia rubricollis Fig. 11. Emydia striata Fig. 12, a, b. Deiopeia pulchella Fig. 13, a, b. Euchelia jacobaeae A. Lichen Parmelia stellaris B. Lichen Usnea florida C. Gromwell Pulmonaria officinalis D. Ragwort Senecio jacobaea E. Forget-me-not Myosotis palustris Plate 22 LIPARIDAE—NOTODONTIDAE Fig. 1. Orgyia gonostigma Fig. 2, a–c. Orgyia antiqua Fig. 3. Dasychira selenitica Fig. 4, a–c. Dasychira fascelina Fig. 5, a–c. Dasychira pudibunda Fig. 6, a, b. Dasychira abietis Fig. 7, a, b. Cnethocampa processionea Fig.
3. Pachnobia carnea Fig. 4. Episema trimacula Fig. 5. Clidia chamaesyces Fig. 6. Tapinostola bondii Fig. 7. Stilbia anomala Fig. 8, a–c. Brithys pancratii Fig. 9. Eogena contaminei Fig. 10, a, b. Raphia hybris Fig. 11. Acosmetia caleginosa Fig. 12. Arsilonche albovenosa A. Black Poplar Populus nigra B. Pancratium maritimum Plate 53 NOCTUAE Fig. 1. Dianthoecia capsophila Fig. 2. Polyphaenis sericata Fig. 3. Cleophana anarrhini Fig. 4. Miselia bimaculosa Fig. 5. Jaspidea celsia Fig. 6. Dianthoecia caesia Fig.
7. Vanessa ichnusa Fig. 8. Spilothyrus lavaterae Fig. 9. Pamphila nostrodamus Fig. 10, a, b. Gonepteryx rhamni (larva and pupa) A. Buckthorn Rhamnus frangula B. Sinapis incana Plate 50 RHOPALOCERA Fig. 1. Satyrus roxelana Fig. 2. Oeneis aëllo Fig. 3, a, b. Satyrus achine Fig. 4, a, b. Triphysa phryne Fig. 5. Caenonympha oedipus Fig. 6, a, b. Epinephile lycaon Fig. 7. Caenonympha hero Fig. 8. Polyommatus orion Fig. 9. Polyommatus pheretes Fig. 10. Polyommatus cyllarus Fig. 11. Polyommatus damon Fig.
600 Butterflies and Moths in Full Color by W. F. Kirby